Probate/Estate Administration Paralegal
Braun Cathie Kruzel is an AV-rated law firm in North Scottsdale with a focus on estate planning and trust administration, settlement of both contested and uncontested estate, and related business, real estate, and tax planning. We are seeking a highly skilled, proficient, and self-motivated paralegal with multiple capabilities and experience in Probate and Estate/Trust Administration.
- A four-year bachelor’s degree or certificate from accredited paralegal training program preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of probate, estate and trust administration, tax, and financial planning paralegal experience
- Or, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Report to multiple attorneys
- Communicate with clients, banks, brokerage firms, and appraisers to obtain information concerning decedent’s assets
- Primary face-to-face responsibility for interacting with trustees, personal representatives and estate/trust beneficiaries and implementing plans of distributions after death
- Prepare gift and estate tax returns and file with appropriate taxing authorities
- Administer probate-related matters, including the preparation of pleadings for formal probates, informal probates, guardianships, and conservatorships
- Work with attorneys to prepare accountings and plans of division and handle the funding of trusts
- Administer trust-related matters, including the preparation of reformations, settlement agreements, etc., both judicial and non-judicial
Skills must include:
- Must be able to have professional communication with clients, court personnel, attorneys, financial professionals, and taxing authorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, advanced knowledge with Work, Excel and Outlook
- Technical writing, drafting, and organizational skills are a plus
- Time Matters, Time Slips and tax systems software (such as Lacerte) knowledge a plus
- Excellent organization, strong attention to detail and deadlines is a must
- Must be a self-starter and possess a teachable attitude
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
BCK offers an attractive salary, comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life, disability), a company funded profit sharing and a 401(k) plan, paid time off (holiday, vacation, PTO, sick), and a shortened Friday work schedule throughout the year. We are a fully Covid-19 vaccinated office.
All qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to Tiffany Beam at [email protected].